To assist in achieving the goals of increasing the quantity and quality of young bridge players, we are seeking Expressions of Interest for the role of ABF Youth Development Officer.
The role will also take over the responsibilities currently undertaken by David Thompson in his international role, as well as developing initiatives to expand the pool of youth players locally and nationally. See below for detailed information, including the closing date and remuneration.
Youth Development Officer
The ABF requires an enthusiastic and creative person to take on the part-time role of Youth Development Officer.
Reporting: The position reports directly to the ABF Secretary.
Key objectives for the role are to:
- recommend initiatives to the management group of the Australian Bridge Federation and then, upon acceptance, ensure that the subsequent guidelines are implemented and managed;
- outline an annual plan for the youth bridge scene with recommendations for all targeted events both nationally and internationally (plus periodic training sessions) and arrange for funding from the management group of the ABF;
- identify individuals who can actively work with youth players on the development of their game. Also provide administrative support to these individuals training the youth teams both in Australia and overseas so that the players, captains and coaches are not burdened with additional responsibilities;
- co-ordinate and oversee administrative support for international youth teams. This support may include travel arrangements, uniforms and accommodation;
- monitor and then report on the success or otherwise of initiatives;
- maintain information on youth player performances as input to team selection;
- expand the pool of youth players locally and nationally;
- establish regular communication with youth players using appropriate electronic media.
To support activities, the successful candidate may wish to establish a small committee to assist with the Youth Development Program and its supporting activities.
We anticipate the role will initially require 8-10 hours per week.
The remuneration will be between $6k – 8k negotiable. The YDO will also have an approved budget for travel and accommodation expenses.
Expressions of interest are to be directed to Allison Stralow, ABF Secretary
firstname.lastname@example.org, by Monday 22 January.