The ACBL Educational Foundation and ACBL are partnering to grow bridge on college campuses.
The annual Collegiate Bridge Bowl has been instrumental in promoting competitive bridge. Now, we want to bring the joy and benefits of bridge to more schools and students. We can help with bridge supplies, coach stipends, learning materials, online games and more.
Do you have any students playing bridge in your school? Would you like to start a bridge club? Do you know a professor or student who could coach a team?
Work with a team of faculty, students and administrators interested in hosting a college bridge team or club. The coach may also be a local volunteer. Apply here.
- The Educational Foundation will provide a bridge kit with cards, bidding boxes, boards, instructor materials, etc., as the program starts.
- Receive a stipend of $250 at the end of each semester (annual total = $500), after a brief progress report is approved. We’ll double the stipend if you recruit more than 20 students!
- Aim at recruiting 10 students in the first three months. All participants in the program 25 and under will need to become ACBL Junior members (ACBL will refund the $5 membership fee).
- Identify student leaders to assist with club formation, recruitment and scheduling.
- Coaches are encouraged to build a team and compete in the 2018 Bridge Bowl!
- ACBL will lobby its local unit to support you!