Beginner course in bridge
The training will take place at BBO (Bridge Base Online ). The course serves both as a stand-alone beginner’s course in bridge, and / or as a supplement to private training or a beginner’s course in a local club. No prior knowledge needed.
Practical information about the course
- Startup: Friday, March 20. The first two lessons are a preliminary course, designed for those who have never played bridge or American before. Those who have been to the bridge before are advised to wait for lesson 3
- Time: Three lessons a week: Fridays, Mondays and Wednesdays at 15-17. 12 lessons. The course is completed by Easter.
- Price: Free. Textbook (Game Bridge 1) can be purchased separately (295, – incl. Shipping). Order in the registration link. The books are sent out as soon as we can – during these quarantine times it may take a bit longer than usual.
Enrolled participants will be sent the next lesson via email, as well as summary and tips from today’s games.
- How do I create a BBO user account?
- How to add brid teacher as a friend / contact at BBO?
- How do I find the training table at the start of the course?
- How do I get sound on the training table? Answer: See photo at the bottom of this page.
- How do I get to the gameplay by the theory part?
- I only get BBO in English. How do I get it in Norwegian?
Answer: Via this link you get BBO in Norwegian.
- I don’t see the bottom line we need to click “start listening” and type in the chat?
Answer: BBO does not always adjust to your PC’s display settings. To do this, double-click the button in the upper right corner (to the left of the intersection that closes the window) “restore down” and “maximize”.
- I want to practice on playing guides. How do I find Bridge Master on BBO?
Answer: Look at the picture at the bottom of the page.
- Guide for beginners at BBO
- How do I get sound when I follow the lessons from tablet or mobile?
Answer : Download the latest version of the app. The previous versions of the app did not feature audio. We recommend using a PC.
Program beginner course
Each course evening will consist of 40 min theory on a “teaching table” that will be open to all. Then comes an 8-game tournament with games that belong to today’s theme. The training table is set up about half an hour before the course starts, and you can find the training table by going to the user NBF course’s table.
The tournament will only be open to course participants / course participants with friends (sponsors) from the club.
Overview of lessons
- March 20: Chapter 1: Basic rules, tips for playing in the NT (Lecturer: sgs3)
- March 23: Chapter 2: Contract, exit, bad, color contract (Lecturer:)
- March 25: Chapter 4: Honor points, opening messages. (Lecturer: mixmaster)
- March 27: Chapter 5: Opening Hand’s 1NT and Answers (Lecturer:)
- March 30: Chapter 6: Support messages, answer to opening 1 in color (Lecturer:)
- April 1: Chapter 7: Opener’s second message (Lecturer: mixmaster)
- April 3: Chapter 8: Rehearsal and questions (Lecturer: sgs3)
- April 6: Chapter 9: Submissions and Replies to Submissions (Lecturer:)
- April 8: Chapter 10: Enlightenment Doubling (Lecturer:)
- April 10: Chapter 10: Strong opening hands (Lecturer: mixmaster)
- April 13: Chapter 11: Weak Opening Hands (Lecturer: sgs3)
- April 15: Chapter 12: We play tournament bridge Join one of NBF’s tournaments at BBO
Course holders fv: Top: Agnethe Hansen Kjensli, bottom left Katarina Ekren, th Sofie Græsholt Sjødal and Thea Indrebø.
Don’t forget to follow us @